Monday, May 30, 2005

5-30

1) hibachi $5.99 at CVS
2) charcoal
3) baking soda toothpaste
4) almay mascara
5) razor blades
6) nail polish
7) USPS postage for package for Father's Day
8) Utz salt & pepper chips
9) hot dog buns

I feel strongly that one ought not shop on holidays. And yet, this holiday I bought a number of items. I can only say that in working the holiday myself I felt less terrible about purchasing. While I wish I had not promoted stores being opened on holidays, I enjoyed my grilled mem day meal. It is unusual for me to have shopped on a holiday. I'm going make sure this holiday experience stays an anomaly.

* I also paid my cell phone bill online today and forgot to record it here. Stupidly, I clicked the "only-click-once" button twice and therefore paid my next month's cell phone bill as well.

1 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Blogger Iason said...

Isn't Memorial Day not even recognized as a state (banking or court) holiday in a state just south of you? Well, that's what I heard, at least.

They way I always justify shopping when I probably shouldn't is that if the grocery store were closed that day, all those workers would have been out of their measley $5.25 an hour. I don't know. Maybe they wish they could have that day off, but their boss wouldn't let them, but I think it's more likely that most of them are happy to get the extra day's paycheck.

Or have we already done been had this discussion?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home