Monday, April 18, 2005

4-18: Rx and cheese please

1) Prescription from CVS.

I know I should be giving my business to an independent pharmacy. Somewhere the pharmacist will know my name and talk to me about possible drug interactions (because he’ll know what I’m taking). I know I should be making my purchases in a local shop where I can support the local business man. However, (and this is where my actions and ideology part ways) CVS is so convenient. It’s very close to my house, it has relatively long hours, and I can buy my whitener-free toothpaste there while I wait. Usually I will say that convenience is overrated. Usually I will drive the extra five miles for the good bread, pay the extra $2.50 for the organic milk. When it comes to medicine though, convenience is paramount to me. I would like the magic pill that will make me start feeling better please, and I would like it now-- with a minimum amount of effort on my part. This is where my dollar is not my voice. This is where I fail. And I’m ok with that.

2) Parmesan cheese

From the local cheese shop called “The Cheese Shop.” Actually more of a sandwich place but as long as I can get my cheese I won’t be the one complaining.

3) Bread ends

They are what they sound like. Crusts of bread. A bagful for a dollar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home